Advertisements are done via two different ways; Side Banners and Top/Bottom Banners. Going into this the easiest way to understand the process is ADZONES > ADVERTISERS > CAMPAIGNS > BANNERS. Adzones are created first. An Adzone is definitely the most difficult part as it requires it to be embedded within the site (or easily through a Widget shortcode). An Advertiser and Campaign must be created before a Banner can be implemented. Advertisers are simply the person paying you. If you have 18 Burger King Ads spread across 2years you still only have one company paying for them; Burger King. Campaigns are how long the banner is going to be running. Finally the banner; A lot of settings are available for the banner and I will go through them below.
On to updating:
- Get the Ad from the Advertiser so you know exactly where it goes.
- Next go to the Advertiser Section and create an Advertiser. If already created go to Step 3. Note I created all Advertisers with Pauls Email. You can change this if you wish to give the advertiser access to seeing stats themselves.
- Next go the Campaign Section and select your Advertiser followed by the time the Advertisement will be running. Blank = Forever
- Next go to the Banners - Add New Banner and utilize the information below:
Banner Options :
Banner For Insert advertiser created in Step 2 Banner Campaign Insert the campaign created in Step 3 Link The link to the advertisers website / promo Target Select BLANK to load it in a new window. Link Masking USE LINK MASKING to prevent advertising trackers Status Active
At the top you will see 3 icons: Desktop, Tablet and Mobile. Each of the settings below are the same for each banner type:
Hide banner on this device This will make the banner not visible on certain devices. Good for weirdly shaped / huge banners meant for Full Page ads. Option 1 This will usually be the default unless using Google Adsense. If you don't know have an embed code upload the ad here. Note: Make sure ads are: 300x250 for box ads and 650x100 to get the most clear / compressed image possible. Width Box - 350 or Rectangle- 650 Height Box - 250 or Rectangle 100 Option 2 Only used for embed codes. Do Not fill in anything here unless you are sure you have the right code.
Optional Settings / Link:
Optional settings are as the name suggests; Don't edit any of these settings unless you require a special case. If you see a tab called Revolution Slider Options ignore it as it applies to something else.
- Finally go to Banners Section and under the AdZone tab make sure the Adzone you wish the banner to go into is selected.
- If you run into issues check out the Burger King Ad as Reference and Duplicate it if needed -